Website Hosting Services
Import and setup Joomla website using A2 Hosting
This project involved installing a Joomla site backup from Windows hosting on Linux hosting which presented all kinds of problems which were resolved, the work included;
- Database repair and midification
- Virus scanning files, cleaning up and restoring damaged files
- Replacing spaces in filenames with underscores
- Resolved issues with uppercase and lowercase characters caused by the Windows environment
- Updating the database with new filenames
- Removing and replacing obsolete extensions.
- Updating the template framework and template including theme customisation.
- Updating all extensions.
- Updating the Joomla version from 2.5.22 to 3.8.5
- Adding additional extensions.
- Adding extra security to the site.
- Implementing automatic daily site backups.
I had no idea this site originated on a Windows Server, great job, thanks for fixing all of the problems so fast
This project consisted of deploying a Realvision Starter Website on the Clients hosting, installing and configuring Jreviews, creating a custom Jreviews theme, modifying the template layout, creating CSS to style the site to meet the requirement, creating various modules to display content, and automating daily site backups.
Andrew is great to work with. Very experienced website developer, always available to talk through specifics, always finds a way to solve a problem and get things done. Proactive, thinks with you. On top of that he is a great guy too, the importance of which should never be underestimated when working with someone :-)