Website upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3.x
This project consisted of migrating a Joomla 1.5 website to Joomla 3 including Kunena Forum, several hundred users, along with several thousand articles.
- Installation, configuration, and styling a new Joomla template
- Modification of a Kunena Forum template
- Creation of a custom form with Googe reCAPTCHA
- Installation and configuration of dynamic html and XML sitemaps, along with SEO tools integrated with Google Analytics, and Google Search Console
- Additional security measures to keep the site secure including an IP block-list of known attack sites
- An automated daily backup system, backing up the site files, and database, and retaining backups for seven days
- Redirecting several thousand URL's to new SEF URL's
Andrew is a real expert in all things Joomla, and in the rare cases he does not have a solution for an issue right away, he digs in until he finds one. He is also a pleasure to work with - not unimportant - and is proactive with suggestions for improvements.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many Joomla website problems which often result in downtime can be avoided by simply updating your Joomla extensions on a regular basis and your Joomla version whenever they are released along with running daily site backups.
Make sure you are in control of your backups, you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them. Make sure you are in control of your backups, make sure they are encrypted and you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them.
Don't just take your hosting providers word for it, more often than not they back up your entire hosting account and not individual websites and store them in a proprietary system to lock you in to renewals etc.
We host, manage, maintain, support and update multiple Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET