Update Joomla site from Joomla 1.5 to 3 and php version from 5.3 to 7
This project consisted of transferring a Joomla e-commerce site to new hosting and involved the following;
- Producing a migration plan
- Transfer of Joomla website, and email accounts to suitable hosting
- Creation of a new Joomla 3 site on PHP 7
- Creation of a new responsive Joomla template to replace the obsolete template
- Replacement of obsolete Joomla extensions
- Importing content, modules, and media from the old site.
- Implementing SEF URL's and adding redirects as required.
- Implementing additional security measures
- Adding Google recaptcha to contact forms,
- Adding a sitemap and Google Analytics
- Optimising the site and hosting for page delivery performance
- Implementing automatic daily backups
- Transfer of email and accounts to the new hosting
- Integrating the site into our support and maintenance system
Very fast and efficient service whilst paying great attention to detail, responsive with great communication, highly recommended and it's great to finally have my site up to date and in safe hands. Thanks!.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many Joomla website problems which often result in downtime can be avoided by simply updating your Joomla extensions on a regular basis and your Joomla version whenever they are released along with running daily site backups.
Make sure you are in control of your backups, you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them. Make sure you are in control of your backups, make sure they are encrypted and you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them.
Don't just take your hosting providers word for it, more often than not they back up your entire hosting account and not individual websites and store them in a proprietary system to lock you in to renewals etc.
We host, manage, maintain, support and update multiple Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET