Jreviews migration from version 2.7 to 3 on travel guide website
This project involved the following a heavily customised Joomla/Jreviews website using custom Jreviews themes with no documentation from the previous developers;
- Producing an upgrade plan
- Creating a test site
- Backing up all Jreviews custom theme files, add ons and modifications
- Uninstalling Jreviews 2.7 and S2 Framework
- Installing S2 Framework and Jreviews 3
- Installing and configuring Jreviews Geomaps add on
- Installing and configuring Jreviews Paid Listings add on
- Creation of a new custom Jreviews theme
- Transfer of the Jreviews 2.7 custom theme to the Jreviews 3 theme
- Debugging, testing and reapplying modifications to updated extensions
- Applying all changes to the live site
- Integrating the site into our support and maintenance system
Great Job, very fast and efficient service, highly recommended!.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
Many Joomla website problems which often result in downtime can be avoided by simply updating your Joomla extensions on a regular basis and your Joomla version whenever they are released along with running daily site backups.
Make sure you are in control of your backups, you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them. Make sure you are in control of your backups, make sure they are encrypted and you have copies stored safely external to your hosting provider and that you know where they are located and how to restore them.
Don't just take your hosting providers word for it, more often than not they back up your entire hosting account and not individual websites and store them in a proprietary system to lock you in to renewals etc.
We host, manage, maintain, support and update multiple Joomla websites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET