Joomla! 3.9.9 Released
Joomla 3.9.9 is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses one security vulnerability and contains over 30 bug fixes and improvements.
Note to users with multilingual sites: Please do not update to 3.9.9 and wait for 3.9.10.
What's in 3.9.9?
Joomla 3.9.9 includes one security vulnerability fix and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Filter attribute in subform fields allows remote code execution (affecting Joomla 3.9.7 through 3.9.8)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Repeatable Custom Fields: fix to keep HTML tags #25189
- Media Manager: Modal layout improved #22475
- Voting: Cache cleaned after voting #25201
- Article ordering: Items grouped by category first #25295
- Batch system: Improvements for Contact and Newsfeed #25259
Visit GitHub for more information about this issue.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything web related contact us via our contact form CONTACT US