Joomla! 4.3.2 Released
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the release of Joomla 4.3.2 This is a security and bug fix release for the 4.x series of Joomla.
This release continues Joomla 4’s high standards in accessible web design, highlighting Joomla's values of inclusiveness, simplicity and security into an even more powerful open-source web platform.
Security issues fixed with 4.3.2
-  Low Severity - Low Impact - Low Probability - Open Redirect and XSS within the mfa selection (affecting Joomla! 4.2.0 - 4.3.1)
-  Moderate Severity - Critical Impact - Low Probability - Bruteforce prevention within the mfa screen (affecting Joomla! 4.2.0 - 4.3.1)
Bug fixes and Improvements with 4.3.2
This version fixes issues encountered during the update process by a number of users. In particular this release addresses:
- hide table headers in tables rather than omit them when 'show headings' is set to 'no'
- aria-label not translated in com_banners
- reset statistics on banner duplication
- cannot batch copy banners
- cannot batch copy contacts'
- Content component improved validation when only positive integers are allowed
- TinyMCE prevents white text on a white background in preview
- TinyMCE editor plugin language of parts fails if subform fields are empty
- Codemirror corrects path for keybinding script
- re-introduction of specific layouts to render Contact custom fields
- calendar type min/max year
- PHP warning when preparing Text field
- escaping of data on update or new installs is unnecessary for the 'extensions' column
- banners tour is skipping a few fields
- order of the tours in the modal should no be sorted automatically, use the tour's view order instead
- replace 'an error occurred' with 'this file type is not supported'
- refactor the session fallback
- remove warning in console
- tag needs to be quoted before being passed onto the regular expression
- newly created mail template is not properly recorded in the database (missing extension data and double arrayed tags)
- add padding to highlighted search words in smart search
- detect whether Memory engine is supported
- router issues on multilingual sites, breaking old URLs
- hide the filter_tag parameter from the URL when the menu item is created with category type and filtering by tag or tags
- template parameter invalid json string
- template manager PHP 8.1 warnings removal
- missing Cassiopeia black color variable
- Cassiopeia menu breakpoint for hamburger to prevent vertical menu
- Text() not found on user login
- category access levels should not apply to users having core.admin access
- User groups tab use invalid checkbox ids
- Module positions do not show in com_user settings
- removed login message on login in the frontend
- Fix submit button focus on frontend MFA captive login page when using Webauthn
- allow new category when no other category exists
- when a component is disabled, menu items' icon should show 'component not found' and represent a warning rather than a cross with 'publish item' tooltip
- improved messaging when an extension is missing checksum information (hash codes proving the file is genuine)
- Articles categories module caching no longer fails
- make schedule runner/keepalive work with adblockers/no script
- remove any spaces from the disable_functions string in the php.ini before exploding into an array for checking and prevent error
- undefined key in HTMLDocument setBuffer
- PluginHelper::getLayoutPath should work in CLI (in non web context)
- show empty state layout only when cache contains no data
- improved RSS page title
- update of the help table of content
- PHP 8.2 warnings in Multilingual Sample Data plugin
- list-view .js should work with Ajax content
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click or press here for full release information.
CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything web related contact us via our contact form CONTACT US