Joomla! 4.3.0 Released
The Joomla! Project is thrilled to announce the feature-packed and timely release of Joomla 4.3
The main feature of this stable release is Guided Tours.There are already 2 articles regarding Guided tours. The first is an introduction to the tours detailing where to find them and how to use them https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/march-2023/guiding-you-through-guided-tours And then a second which will be out in the April edition of the Joomla Magazine which details how developers can use Guided Tours for their own extensions.
What’s new in Joomla 4.3.0 Stable?
- Media Manager Revamp
- Image thumbnails
- SVG file previews
- Media path fix for Windows systems
- Showing Drag and Drop option for empty folder
- Workflow transitions user improvements
- Smart search
- Frontend dropdown filter
- Filter menu items by component
- Admin menu can be filtered by parent
- Rebuild the tree after saving a menu item
- URL type menu item can now be selected as base item in mod_menu
- Use article's browser page title parameter before article title
- Custom Fields
- Conditional fields for custom fields
- Allow to select the edit layout for subforms in custom fields
- When filtered by category, when creating new field, pre-select the category
- Single tab view fixes
- New com_tags router
- Disallow non-existing tags
- LDAP fixes
- API updates
- API articles can be filtered by tag and featured
- Quickicons: missing icons
- template diff view improvements
- Creating names with .min.css
- Adding support to the NEL header to the core httpheaders plugin
- During installation provide hint for table prefix
- Mass mail validation fix
- Select column tables missing in Discover and template overrides
- RTL improvements
- Character Counter for Input Fields
- Pattern attribute for 'tel'
- Command Line Installation of Joomla
- Messaging login/logout in the frontend
- Captcha moved to end of form AFTER custom fields
- Support for avif, webp, heic and webp2 in the image list field
- Upgrade to Bootstrap 5.2
- PHP 8.2 improved support
- deprecated PHP 8.1 code
- Guided Tours
- A feature to help guide new users through administrative tasks.
Click or press here for full release information.
CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything web related contact us via our contact form CONTACT US