Joomla 4.2 Released
The Joomla! Project is thrilled to announce the feature-packed and timely release of Joomla 4.2. This release continues Joomla 4’s high standards in accessible web design and brings exciting new features, highlighting Joomla's values of inclusiveness, simplicity and security into an even more powerful open-source web platform.
With Joomla 4.2, codenamed Uaminifu, we have new and improved features for bloggers and authors, web designers, extension developers and web agencies.
The highlights are:
With the new keyboard shortcuts, you can save time and become more productive.
There are 9 built into the administrator side of your site such as J + F to jump into the search field or J + S to save
And the great news is that other extensions are able to add their own shortcuts as well. Pressing J + X to get a list of them all. The keystrokes are all sequential, making it more accessible than hitting them simultaneously.
Until now, Joomla only offered ‘Two-Factor’ Authentication; with ‘Multi-factor’ Authentication, we are taking site access security one step further by allowing you to choose different authentication mechanisms to secure your site. You can choose to use a Yubi-key, Web Authentication, a verification code, or a code by email.
The way Multi-factor Authentication works is that you first log in with your username and password. After that, you are presented with another screen to enter your second authentication method.
This means that you will no longer be able to enter your two-factor authentication code on the same page as the login page.
What’s new in Joomla 4.2?
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Accessibility
- ulti-Factor Authentication (replaces Two-Factor Authentication)
- Windows Hello support in WebAuthn
- User-defined hide table columns
- Allow typing in the media field
- Indicate if the category is not published
- Allow to disable session metadata tracking for guest users
- Reduce the number of permission columns
- Smart Search: Allow fuzzy word matching
- Package filter in the Extensions: Manage page
- What’s been improved in Joomla 4.2?
- Accessibility plugin - update and fixes
- Joomla Updater improvements
- Improved the extension installer to be more robust and here
- Added permissions (ACL) to Media Manager actions
- Added Save button to front-end article editing to save and stay in the article
- Added ordering parameters to web service requests
- Upload button only available once the user clicked the checkbox that they are prepared
- Enabled use of Form::process() in FormModel
- Convert log type field to fancy select
- Enqueue requests made from QuickIcon plugins
- Made Media Manager Folder Selectory accessible
- Workflow Notification no recipient
And many more!And many more!
We are firmly committed to making the next generation of Joomla the best. These features have been committed to version 4.2.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.