Joomla! 4.2.7 Released
Joomla 4.2.7 is now available. This is a security and bug fix release for the 4.x series of Joomla.
This release continues Joomla 4’s high standards in accessible web design and brings exciting new features, highlighting Joomla's values of inclusiveness, simplicity and security into an even more powerful open-source web platform.
With Joomla 4.2.7, we have new and improved features for bloggers and authors, web designers, extension developers and web agencies.
Security issues fixed with 4.2.7
-  - Core - CSRF within post-installation messages
-  - Core - Missing ACL checks for com_actionlogs
Bug fixes and Improvements with 4.2.7
- TinyMCE had a lot of fixes for default language, iframe display, showing buttons, and many others
- Logos (even on login page) should display correctly
- Breadcrumbs for menu items with tagged items are fixed
- Modals should open and close correctly
- Permissions for mod_submenu are fixed
- Start and end feature for articles and categories received fixes
- Fix for the child templates html directory
- More rel attributes for URL menu type
- Fix batch categories move error
- A lot of PHP 8.2 compatibility fixes
103 issues closed with Joomla 4.2.7, well done community!
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click or press here for full release information.
CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything web related contact us via our contact form CONTACT US