Joomla! 3.9.6 Released
Joomla 3.9.6 is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses one security vulnerability and contains over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in Joomla 3.9.6?
Joomla 3.9.6 includes one security vulnerability fix and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in com_users ACL debug views (affecting Joomla 1.7.0 through 3.9.5)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Media Manager: Fix logic in file upload check introduced in 3.9.5
- Edge Chromium support added
- User Notes: Fix date format
- Frontend editing: article category editable by Publishers and up
- Cache: Cache folder automatically created if it doesn’t exist
- PostgreSQL database improvements
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your Joomla website update and website maintenance needs or anything web related contact us via our contact form CONTACT US