Joomla! 3.9.3 Released
Joomla 3.9.3 is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains 30 bug fixes and improvements
What’s new in Joomla 3.9.3?
Joomla 3.9.3 includes 6 security vulnerabilities fixes and several bug and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Lack of URL filtering in various core components (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Browserside mime-type sniffing causes XSS attack vectors (affecting Joomla 1.0.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Additional warning in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url #2 (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
- Low Priority - Core - Implement the TYPO3 PHAR stream wrapper (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.2)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Prevent renaming/deleting the template index.php file #23654
- Smart Search improvement #23736
- Contacts banned fields removed #23585
- Improvement of the Integration tab display #23711
- Fix the category filter for featured articles #23454
- Fix for the Template Style field in the menu manager #23556
- Breadcrumbs for tags #23599
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET