Joomla! 3.8.6 Released
Joomla! 3.8.6, the latest releases of the 3.x release series is now available.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing one security vulnerability and including over 60 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in Joomla 3.8.6?
Joomla 3.8.6 addresses one security vulnerability and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Various session management improvements #19548, #19687
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published #19551
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags #19284
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article #16958
- Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations #19608
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users #19697
- Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder #19740
- reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued #19648
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed #17827
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US for a free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET