Joomla! 3.8.4 Released
Joomla! 3.8.4, the latest releases of the 3.x release series is now available.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing four security vulnerabilities and including over 100 bug fixes and improvements.
Security Issues Fixed:
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in module chromes (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.3)
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in com_fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3)
- Update TinyMCE 4.5.8 #18574
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in Uri class (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.3)
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in Hathor postinstall message (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3)
Please see the documentation wiki for more information about the security patches.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Contact form loses data after submission with error #17743
- Smart Search performance improvement for common words #12450
- Performance improvement in Smart Search indexing process #17390
- Update jQuery Autocomplete to 1.4.7 #18113
- Update CodeMirror to 5.33.0 #18880
- Update srcset url conversion to handle commas and spaces #18327
- Custom Fields: Handle tag items properly #19006
- Fix filepath to PHPMailer language file #19072
- Display category title as page heading and page title when no menu item for com_content category #19195
- Respect access level in com_content #18417
- Miscellaneous PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Click here for full release information.
We are familiar with the implementation of the upgrade and are currently upgrading multiple sites CONTACT US fora free proposal to update your site.
It's extremely important to keep your Joomla installation, and extensions up to date to minimise the risk of your site being compromised, you should also check that you are not using vulnerable extensions by visiting Joomla! Vulnerable Extensions List.
We manage, maintain, and update hundreds of Joomla sites, to discuss your website update and website maintenance needs submit a ticket on our helpdesk and we will get back to you with the available options. SUBMIT TICKET